What is the difference in Ubaye and Durance for a rafting trip?
The Ubaye and Durance rivers offer different rafting experiences due to their geographic features, water flows and varying levels of difficulty. Here are some key differences between a raft trip on the Ubaye and the Durance.
- Features : The Ubaye is renowned for being a dynamic and wild river, offering exciting rapids. It passes through picturesque gorges, adding an aesthetic dimension to the rafting experience. Offering courses for beginners, family and sports enthusiasts.
- Navigability all year round: The Ubaye is navigable all year round, making it an attractive option for those who want to raft in different seasons. Knowing that in winter there is snow and we are closed from October to March
- Difficulty level : The Ubaye rapids can vary in intensity, offering sections suitable for beginners as well as more challenging rapids for experienced paddlers. Category II to VI.
- Variety of sections: The Durance offers a variety of sections and different levels of difficulty. This means that you stay on discovery courses sailing in passage III maximum.
- Picturesque landscapes: Raft descents on the Durance often offer picturesque landscapes with the Alpine mountains in the background. The river runs through open areas with clear views.
- Difficulty : The Durance remains a river for easy discovery of white water, a stroll along the water with the passage of a class III rapid, called the Rabioux wave.
The choice between rafting on the Ubaye or the Durance in the Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur region will depend on your personal preferences. Ubaye offers an immersive adventure in the heart of unspoilt landscapes, with exhilarating rapids and spectacular gorges suitable for novices while providing a stimulating challenge for thrill-seekers.
On the other hand, the Durance, an emblematic river, is renowned for being a training river offering a diversity of rapids suitable for enjoying the landscape between Briançon and Lake Serre Ponçon.
Where to go rafting? Descent in Hydrospeed and Kayak Air?
The big question, WHERE TO GO RAFTING? Want to go rafting on the Durance or Ubaye?
Despite the fact that the Ubaye remains the most dynamic and fun river in France, our country has multiple beautiful rivers to discover in rafting and hydrospeed.