More than a whitewater course: An exploration of Ubaye
The whitewater course on the Ubaye is an unforgettable experience for water sports enthusiasts and nature lovers. Who hasn't dreamed of taking the time and discovering all the rafting, hydrospeed and kayak raft activities? Crazy Water offers white water courses adapted to you and your budget.
You discover the Barcelonnette Valley which offers a variety of grandiose landscapes. The Ubaye River winds through gorges and forests, offering breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains. There are 50 km of river routes to discover, with your different boats.
The whitewater course card on the Ubaye – Prices for activities
Multi-activities on demand (Rafting, Hydrospeed, Kayaking and Canyoning)
*The activities are to be done over several days (1 to 2 activities per day)
How is a whitewater course organized on the Ubaye?
Course Formula 2 activities
A rafting trip on Ubaye, a picnic break and a descent hydrospeed on Ubaye, it’s possible!! It's a fun and sporty day to do when you're staying between Barcelonnette and the Serre Ponçon Lake!
Organize your stay with two activities:
For early risers: From 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. rafting descent / From 1:45 p.m. to 3:45 p.m. Hydrospeed descent
For late risers: From 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. rafting descent / From 3:45 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Hydrospeed descent
For those who want to take the time, the multi-activity course can be done in two days!
THE internship white water on the'Ubaye is not necessarily rafting and hydrospeed. Indeed you can choose rafting and kayak rafting or hydrospeed and kayak rafting.
Crazy water rafting instructors adapt to your profile and your desires!
Course Formula 3 activities: Rafting – Inflatable kayak – Hydrospeed
A whitewater course of 3 whitewater activities in Ubaye could take place as follows:
Here the example is over 3 days but the course can also be done over a weekend.
Day 1: Rafting descent
- Participants meet at the Raft Crazy Water base at Lauzet Ubaye 04340, where they meet their guide and are equipped with the necessary equipment.
- The group is transported by minibus to the start of the Ubaye River where the rafting activity begins. In summer you have to leave the village of Martinet.
- Participants receive brief training on rafting navigation techniques, safety instructions and off they go for a 9km, 1h30 descent on the Ubaye River.
- The group sails on the Ubaye, following the guide's instructions and discovering the white water and the famous Ubayen landscape.
- At the end of the descent to the Village du Lauzet Ubaye, rafters return to Crazy Water where participants can change before resting for the next activity.
Day 2: Descent Kayak raft
- Participants gather again at crazy water and are equipped with the necessary equipment for the kayaking activity.
- The group is transported to the appropriate departure point for kayaking on the Ubaye River.
- Kayakers receive brief training on kayak navigation techniques, safety instructions and how to communicate with the guide during the descent.
- The group navigates the Ubaye, following the guide's instructions and trying to overcome natural obstacles such as rapids and rocks.
- At the end of the descent, kayakers return to the Crazy Rafting base where participants can discuss their adventure and change before leaving for the last activity.
Day 3: Descent Hydrospeed
- The trainees gather again at Lauzet Ubaye and are equipped with the necessary equipment for the hydrospeed activity.
- The group is transported to the starting bridge of the hydrospeed course on the Ubaye River.
- Participants receive brief training on hydrospeed navigation techniques, safety instructions and swimming techniques.
- The hydrospeeders navigate the Ubaye, following the guide's instructions and trying to overcome natural obstacles such as rapids and rocks.
- At the end of the descent, the group returns to the meeting point where participants can debrief their experience with their guide over a well-deserved drink.
In summary, a whitewater course of 3 different activities in Ubaye would involve three days of descending the Ubaye River, with each day a different activity, training on techniques and safety instructions, as well as transportation to and from return to the activity sites. Participants should be in good physical shape and ready to take on the natural challenges of the Ubaye River.
Do you have to be a great sportsman to do a whitewater course?
Whitewater courses will give you access to exceptional whitewater courses that are not often practiced. You will navigate rapids up to category 5.
Come and share the white water in the Barcelonnette valley with friends or family and discover all the beauty of Ubaye.
Can we do a whitewater course with children?
Yes, do not hesitate to contact us!
Where to sleep in the Barcelonnette valley for the whitewater course?
Within the Barcelonnette valley in Ubaye you will find several campsites, hotels and lodges able to accommodate you for different periods. Also around the corner lake of Serre ponçon you will find great accommodation near Lauzet Ubaye.
Do not hesitate to contact us, we will be happy to provide you with more information.